Welcome to our course module on Air Traffic Management (ATM).
This lesson will define what is an ATM, its different components, their respective functions and show how the whole system works.
Module sub-parts and themes:
- The organisation of Air Traffic Services, objectives and divisions.
- The Air Traffic Control (ATC) and its different units.
- Air Traffic Flow Control Management.
- Eurocontrol and its NMOC.
- The Flight Information Service.
- The Alerting Service and the different stages of emergency.
- Separation of aircraft: vertically and horizontally.
- Navigation accuracy with RNAV and RNP.
- Flight Plan processing in Eurocontrol IFPS.
You must follow the module in the imposed order. The average duration is 45mn.
Some relevant reference documentation will be available for you to download.
At the end, a quiz is proposed in order to evaluate your knowledge level. Afterwards, you will be able to come back to the lesson you’ve learned.