Due to its complexity, and in order to simplify the training, this course is divided into three sub-parts. For a comprehensive learning, these sub-parts should be followed in ascending order.
Each part is followed by a quiz comprising 10 questions. However, only the general quiz on Navigation (25 questions) will certify this course.
Course content pursuant to ICAO Annex 1 / Chap.4 / 126.96.36.199 and ICAO Annex 6 / Chap.4 / 4.6.
Welcome to our first module on Navigation.
This lesson will introduce the fundamentals of Navigation on Earth, which are used by both sailors and aviators.
Module sub-parts and themes:
- The Earth: shape, rotation and Poles.
- Great Circles and Small Circles.
- Equator and Meridians.
- Directions on Earth.
- Cardinal points and Quadrantal directions.
- Sexagesimal system and True directions.
- Angular measurements.
- Latitude and Longitude (geographical coordinates).
- Conversion to distance.
- True North and Magnetic North.
- Variation and position of observer.
You must follow the module in the imposed order.
At the end, a quiz is proposed in order to evaluate your knowledge level. Afterwards, you will be able to come back to the lesson you’ve learned.